Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Music

I've been listening to the same CD non-stop for the past three weeks. Maybe you've been there and you know what I'm talking about. I wake up with the songs in my head. I sing them in the car on the way to work, at lunch and on my way home. I sing them in my head while I'm at work and while doing the dishes. When I'm all by myself I sing at the top of my lungs and while it's not pretty I just can't keep the words from pouring out.

The most recent album that has triggered my obsessiveness is Albertine by Brooke Fraser. You might have heard of her and are thinking, "Jeez Jackie! That is so 2006. Where have you been?" Then again you might not. Her single, Shadowfeet, is being played on the radio in our part of the world but we listen to national stations so chances are good that you've heard it too.

Get ready for the link blitz:
  1. Buy it at iTunes for only 7.99 (if I had the money I would buy it for everyone I know)
  2. Download the title track, Albertine, for free on her website by going to music > downloads
  3. If you want to hear it first you can watch the video below
  4. Go to youtube and watch it some of her other videos
I was going to tell you my favorites but I don't have any. I love them all. Albertine has significance to me now because of the trip that I'm taking soon. (Kecia, this song also makes me think of you because you'll be going to Africa soon. I also love CS Lewis Song because well, I love CS Lewis. And Hosea's Wife is really great. The Thief is a fantastic love song (and I'm not really all about Christian type artists who sing love songs - they always sound cheesy.) Faithful got me through a tough week. Hymn is also very good. Oh, and there's...okay you get the point.

I hope you guys enjoy it! (Margo, I think you'll especially like her stuff because she's a Hillsong girl and you love music - which I love about you.)



I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
Her mother’s voice over me
And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent

And on a thousandth hill
I think of Albertine
There in her eyes what I don’t see
With my own

Rwanda

Now that I have seen
I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you
In my own arms
I cannot let go ‘til you are

I am on a plane
Across a distant sea
But I carry you in me
And in the dust on, the dust on my feet

Rwanda

And I’ll tell the world
I will tell them where I’ve been
I will keep my word
I will tell them, Albertine

I am on a stage
A thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine

1 comments:

Margo said...

YAY!! I love that song...it's great! It makes me think of all the people in our church that did a church plant in Uganda last year. Wow! I'm going to find more on YouTube!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...