I'm starting a blog so our friends and family can keep up with the wild and crazy goings on in the Munger household. Seriously. Wild and Crazy. In fact here's how the conversation in our home went this evening:
Jackie: We should have a blog.
Matt: Why?
J: Because everyone else has one.
M: Blank Stare
J: It could be a joint blog.
M: Blinks
J: It's a great way to keep up with people.
M: Blinks twice
J: You could post sometimes and then I would post sometimes.
M: Okay...
J: Really, it'll be fun.
M: Sure.
J: I'm going to be doing all of the blogging aren't I?
M: Probably.
See? Wild and Crazy.
The key reason we're staring this blog is that my family is coming to our house for Thanksgiving this year and I feel like procrastinating. They are all going to be staying in a hotel but there will still be six people in my home for the greater part of 48 hours. In most homes, this wouldn't be a problem but our's is only 734 square feet. To it's credit the house has 10 foot ceilings but we're not planning on hanging my 87 year-old grandmother from the ceiling in order to maximize space. What we are doing in order to make the most of our space is unpacking the boxes that have remained unopened since August and vacuuming up the piles of lint, fake fur and hair sitting in the corner of my bathroom.
The other reason I'm not really doing much around the house is that last Thursday while running through the house frantically trying to decide if I should shower and be 20 minutes late to work or if the sleepy bed smell and greasy hair could be camouflaged by perfume and a pony tail, I crashed into our recliner and broke my toe.
Upon hearing a crash followed by whimpering, my husband jumped out of bed to make sure I wasn't bleeding or dying then promptly got back into bed. Like the tough guy I am, I shook it off and finished getting ready for work. Half way into my 55-minute commute, the shooting pains started. By the time I parked my car and started to walk up the hill to the office my lower leg was throbbing. By 9:45 am I limped into my bosses office and told him that I would be going to my doctor at 10:45 to get x-rays of my foot where I would later earn that I chipped a chunk of bone off of the end of my pinky toe.
In the grand scheme of things it hasn't been such a bad week. Matt has been taking pretty good care of me and they baked cookies for me at work (after I told them to).
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



3 comments:
I always knew that the day you started a blog would be the happiest day of my life, and I was right.
How much do I love you and your broken toe! So much... but not twice as much, I don't care if your body was split into two piece, you only get one hunk of love from me.
So does this mean that you'll be in Washington for Christmas? Oh please, Oh please Oh please!
No, we're going to be in Idaho for Christmas this year. I hate how I keep missing you when you're home! We need a reunion.
Post a Comment