Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?


I've got two more weeks before I leave for my trip so my evenings have been filled up with last minute shopping trips and Girls' Night get-togethers (you know just in case I'm kidnapped and spend the rest of my life in a grass hut).

Yesterday I was in the dressing room at Target trying on swimming suits (the one I have is waaaay more revealing than I feel comfortable wearing on a mission trip with four individuals over the age of 50). As I willed myself to squeeze into a size small and hoped that the dude next to me in the dressing room didn't hear the muffled squeaks and grunting the thought crossed my mind that my new found modesty just isn't all it's cracked up to be. After seven "costume changes" and an unfortunate little number that made me look like Minnie Mouse, I gave up and headed down the street to Macy's. It was there that I learned two things about my self: 1) I have been shopping in the Junior department for swim wear for far too long. I didn't realize that swim wear could cost that much money. 2) I am NOT ready for tummy control bathing suits. It's just not going to hapen. Why do they even sell tummy control swim wear in a size four anyway?

So the swimming suit shopping has been extended and I haven't quite convinced my husband to come with me to look for one. Give me a week...It will be like taking candy from a baby. Mwaaaahaahaahahaha!

Tonight a few of my girlfriends and I got together to eat, watch movies, and say inappropriate things. The average person wouldn't think that four women like us (a pastor's wife, two campus ministers and the wife of a campus minister) could find something disturbing to say about white popcorn and almond bark...but we did...well, someone did and it wasn't me - okay, I said it but someone else went there. You know who you are. *Sigh* Good times. I love those girls and the fond memories of my time with them will comfort me as I spend the rest of my days in a grass hut.

We shared our heart flutter moments (those that we could remember anyway) from when we dated our boyfriends/husbands and giggled like school girls. It was fun. I got to brag on my husband because on Friday morning when I woke up for work, there was a note written on the bathroom mirror next to my Typhoid Pill Reminder that said, "No turning back now. I'm proud of you." He even put a little smiley face next to it. All together now...Aaaaaawwwwwwww. Okay that's enough - I might go into a diabetic coma.

Well Kids, that's all for now. I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

Angela said...

So apparently today I'm visually challenged. I thought the title of this post was "Do you kiss your mother on the mouth?" I read to the end and was thinking, what did that title have to do with anything? lol. Then I reread the title. Ooohhhhhh. I get it.

Michelle said...

You're too funny. I bought my first "grown-up" bathing suit two summers ago...juniors clothes still fit me the best, but bathing suits...yeah...not quite right for an almost-30. Good luck with that...I think I found mine at Belk or Macy's, for the lovely price of $60-ish.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...