Monday, June 27, 2011

For The Girls

Okay boys, this is a girls only post today.  Seriously, scram.  I'm not supposed to talk about this kind of stuff in mixed company.

Are they gone?  Okay good.

Ladies, today we're going to talk about The Girls.  Yes.  Those Girls.  It's gonna be a quick chat so hold on to your brassieres.  Actually, don't hang onto them because that's what we're going to talk about today.

I read a statistic a while ago from the international association of bra makers (or whatever they're called) that said the most common bra size sold was a 34B.  Comparing that information with the "80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size" statistic that has been thrown at us over the years, we can assume then that most women are not, in fact, a 34B.

Eh, that's good enough GaGa
So this is my public service announcement for the day:  Please, please, please go and get your precious little self fitted by a properly trained individual.  And no, Suzie Prom Queen down at Victoria's Secret doesn't count.  Go to Nordstrom or some other place of business that sells a WIDE variety of sizes and have one of the sales associates escort you into a dressing room with that tiny little measuring tape.  Don't be scared, you don't have anything that they haven't seen before.  It may be two of the more awkward minutes of your life but it will be one of the best decisions you will make regarding the form and fit of your clothing.  Birds will sing.  Rainbows will appear.  Cats and Dogs will dance in the streets.  Lady Gaga might even wear pants.

Skeptical?  I was too before I went in and found out that I was one of the 80%.  The scales fell from my eyes.  There were birds and rainbows and unicorns and puppies and happy things in my world again.  My posture improved, my clothing fit better, I stopped fidgeting and I think I even became a nicer person.

If you're like me and learn that it's going to be a little harder to find stuff on the rack at your local JC Penney's or Target check out Nordstrom Rack for your support needs - I have never paid over $20 for a single item there.  Or better yet, try on different styles at the expensive stores, jot down some notes and hop on to the interwebs.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

You crack me up. Just wait...the girls will keep changing sizes as long as you're getting pregnant/giving birth to babies/nursing babies, and so on. I hate having a gillion different sized bras around. Drives me insane.

Jackie said...

That's definitely true, Michelle, about having lots of different sizes around. I don't mind too much because I just love having stuff that fits. Right now though, we're working with a bare bones crew around here with the house being on the market - I just don't have the space to devote to them like I used to.

Kecia said...

This is the second post I've read this summer on this topic. Guess I really should move beyond Walmart...

KD said...

They day I went to nordys for my bras....was the last day I every went any where else. It is sooo worth it! and I have a random size so looking for them at JC Pennys or Target just gets annoying.

I might have to check out the rack though.

I just decided if there is one thing I spend a lot of money on...it has to be a bra...

SOOOO worth it!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...