And then I saw it. THE book I was looking for. My prayers had been answered. Baby Love. How to make your own baby food. And it wasn't just a boring old book filled with recipes. It looked easy (as I imagine most baby food recipes are.) It had pictures! And they were bright and beautiful and everything I have always wanted in a cook book. I haven't gotten past the purees but I look forward to it based on how well my initial efforts turned out! There are even some recipes in the back for mom and dad.
My first attempt at Sweet Potatoes turned out great so I decided to use the peas I had in the freezer for my next batch.
| They didn't turn out as smooth as they did in the picture. Then again, they have a commercial grade blender and I don't. |
| Owen's Food - Don't Touch! Not that anyone would want to; that's breast milk in them thar tubes. |
| Clean up is a cinch! |
| I love the bright green colors and perfectly shaped little squares. They nurture the obsessive compulsive beast inside me. |
| Baby Mange says, "YES PEAS!" Heh, see what I did there? |
| Now gimme that camera so I can rub peas all over it! |
Baby Mange didn't even mind the chunks of pea skins that didn't get pureed. A lot of them ended up in a nice, neat little pile in that impossible to clean spot under his chin but we've gotten the hang of eating chunky food in the days following these pictures.
Now if only I had a chest freezer and more babies to feed. (The chest freezer is for the food - not the babies.)



2 comments:
You know, peas and green beans are the two foods that Lane never did like as purees, I think because they can't get very smooth because of the skins. She likes them now, though! Zucchini and pumpkin, though...she was a ghord kind of a gal!
I loved making baby food for Rebecca! We even grew some of the veggies in that tiny strip of a garden next to our house in Moscow. Sweet memories.
Post a Comment