My son is also at the point in his development where my womb is too small for him to delicately and oh-so-adorably move around in. This morning I watched (semi-horrified) as a small lump (I assume it was a hand or something similar) traveled from my upper abdomen to my hip. For the uninitiated, pop The Mummy into your DVD player and watch the scene where the stone scarab comes to life, buries itself into Jonathan's hand and travels up his arm. It looked a little bit like that. Don't get me wrong, I like the movement, it's super fun and all, but yesterday he kicked my large intestine hard enough to make me fart. Luckily, I was at home where, baby or no baby, that kind of stuff happens all the time.
I also want to know why the nesting kicks into high gear while I'm at work. I want to make cloth napkins! I want to vacuum! I want to dust every surface in our home! I want to bake molasses cookies and chocolate chip cookies! I want to fold laundry! I want to rearrange furniture! I want to scrub the grout in our shower with a toothbrush and non-toxic cleaning solutions!But I'm at work. At my desk. Waiting for emails to fill my inbox, clients to call and applications to be signed so that I might have something to do with all of this extra purpose running through my veins.



3 comments:
So funny!!! I know exactly what that looks/feels like.
And the wv is, appropriately I think, "poojm"
Kicked your large intestine hard enough to make you fart, huh? You're funny. Take it easy, don't move any furniture around, and try to enjoy pregnancy...it'll all be over soon enough!
Yeah, the honeymoon's probably over, but that means you're that much closer to meeting your new little man! You'll make it! These last weeks will fly by faster than you can imagine. Just enjoy each moment, even the painful ones! Oh, and keep moving - like taking walks, or exercising (if you already are)...trust me, it helps big time in the end!
Post a Comment