Saturday, December 27, 2008

Husband of the Year

Merry Christmas a little bit late everyone! We just got back from Seattle and are a little overwhelmed by all of the snow we received over the last few days. We woke up on Christmas morning and were finishing wrapping presents when my mom called and said they got 5 inches of snow on Christmas Eve and it was still snowing. Oh, and they lost power at 7 am that morning. Matt and I were like, "Meh. 5 inches of snow? Power outage? They have a wood stove, we have chains. We'll be good." So off we went.

Um...yeah... when we got to Woodinville my mom was right - they did get 5 inches of snow - ON TOP OF THE 15 INCHES THEY ALREADY HAD! But we made it.

We opened Christmas Presents by candle light and then had ham and corn chowder. When dinner was over we played Trival Pursuit by candle, lamp and flashlight for about three hours. It was rough going there for a while -I didn't have any pies in my piece for the first two and a half hours but started cleaning up in the end.



Wrong Again



On the 26th we went and hung out with my friends from high school at The Ranch Drive-In (BEST BURGERS EVER!!) which was super fun. Then on the 27th we went over to the Wilsons' for dinner. I had seen John and Karen last year at my Dad's birthday party but I hadn't seen the kids in 22 years. As you can see, we're lot taller (and out of the strollers). This picture is of my dad pushing me in my stroller and Karen pushing Jenny in hers. John is holding Matt's hand (their Matt - not my Matt) and my mom is taking the picture while holding my sister in a backpack. Their youngest, Lacy, was still a twinkle in her mom and dad's eye when this was taken. The other picture I found of us as kids has a few of us half naked in a kiddie pool on my third birthday. I thought it best to leave that one in the box.


The visit with the Wilsons made me nostalgic so I started fishing through old baby pictures when I got home and decided that I was quite possibly the cutest kid on the face of the planet. Or at least in the top 5 billion. At what point I went from being an adorable, curly haired little blond girl to the weird kid I am now I have no idea. Matt didn't even believe that some of the pictures were of me.

Why spend a fortune on Christmas gifts when kids are perfectly happy with a blanket and a laundry basket? (My sister, Jessica, at age 3)

Jess and I with my Aunt Mary Jane reading Moses the Kitten.

Funny story, on the 26th, we dug my car out of the snow with the same snow shovel that's in this picture. Looks like I wasn't a big fan of the snow then either.


My sister and I in someone's random sandbox (yes, the blond girl in the middle is me)

Speaking of Matt. He gets the Husband of the Year award for an unprecedented fourth time this year for getting me home to visit my family and friends for Christmas. Three Cheers for Matt!

Well, anyhoo...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone! I heard from a lot of people that they read our blog (because I'm awesome...naturally) so if you read it and you like it please post or say hello. I like feedback and positive support.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow...looks like you haven't had any comments in awhile! Everyone's busy with Christmas stuff, I guess. Looks like you guys had a fun time...candlelight and all!

I enjoy hearing from you, even if I don't comment very often! Happy New Year!

Jenny and Blake said...

Very cute pictures! It was great to see you in Bothell!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...