Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's That Time of Year Again

Ahhhh Spring Break...

I don't think I have ever been able to enjoy a spring break. Wait, I take that back - we did get to go to Disney Land when I was seven. Although that trip began with a nasty case of Pink Eye which I'm sure everyone on our plane thoroughly appreciated.

Matt's away on his annual spring break trip with the college students and I've been here all week doing my normal thing. I woke up today with a pretty yucky tummy thing and since our other admin was sick on Tuesday, I decided not to risk sharing my germs with everyone else and stayed home. Around 11:45 I started to feel better so I went to the store to pick up a few items from the pharmacy, stopped at the library and grabbed some Broadway Musical soundtracks, a Winsor Pilates Buns and Thighs DVD and a Hugh Grant movie that I've have been desperately been trying to avoid.

After putting in a load of laundry...that I just realized I never moved into the dryer...hold on just a sec...

Okay I'm back.

After putting in a load of laundry I watched that awkward Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore vehicle and then put in the bun & thigh workout DVD. The only problem was that I had to rearrange the furniture in order to lay on the floor but then found that even then I didn't have enough room and had to watch parts of the video from across the living room while contorting my body into different pretzel shapes. I realized that after feeling the way I did this morning (to be honest - I haven't really worked out in such a long time it wouldn't have mattered if I felt 16 again) the buns and thigh thing probably wasn't my best idea.

So tomorrow Matt comes back and we'll go to Pizza with the college students who stayed behind this week. On Saturday, we might try to get a quote on those gutters (Finally!) check the price on weed killer, and grass seed (yep, the whole backyard is being replanted!) Oh, funny side note, we found an old septic tank in our back yard last weekend. It wasn't on any of the city paperwork we got when we were in the process of purchasing the house so it was kind of a surprise. It's empty of all the poo and mostly filled with dirt (small blessings) so we have to figure how we're going to proceed with that. We'll probably fill it the rest of the way and put a small flagstone patio or garden over it. It'll be a fun married couple conversation because I'm pretty sure Matt and I have different ideas of what it should look like. And to be fair, he's going to do most of the work so I won't fight for it as hard as I could.

Well, the UCLA/WKU game is starting to sound exciting so I'm gonna go watch.

1 comments:

Kecia said...

Hey, Jackie! We missed you, too. We watched our videos. :) I hate it that your Easter dinner was Taco Bell. Did you and Matt even hide eggs for each other?
Spring Break can be lonely when our hubbies leave us, huh. Someday maybe we can go with them again. Mike's working on his doctorate now, from NOBTS, so he's gone on a lot of weekends, too. The good news is, I don't cook while he's gone! Except pancakes and stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...