Sunday, March 16, 2008

7 Random Facts about Myself

My friend Keica tagged me to share seven random facts about myself and like her, I am struggling to find anything to write. Most of what I do and enjoy is pretty random. I think the hard part comes in trying to find seven random interesting things that I want to share with my friends. So here goes:

1. I grew up on a steady diet of classic movies. Fred Astaire, Bob Hope, Gene Kelly, Danny Kaye, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck, etc... I think that the Road Movies with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby are funnier than anything Seth Rogan has put out. And Judy Garland can sing circles around most modern recording artists. I long for the days when hit songs were written by George and Ira Gershwin, Rogers and Hammerstein, and Cole Porter. As a result of my upbringing I know a ton of old songs and famous and not so famous lines from old movies and quote them and sing them at random. Sometimes there is dancing involved. Usually. There is Usually dancing involved.

2. I have a pointy right ear. Yes, like an elf.

3. I have really big feet. In first grade I wore a size 5 and shared shoes with my mother. They stopped growing at a size 10 - coincidentally when I was 10 years old.

4. My husband was the first boy I ever kissed. Best decision I ever made.

5. Some of my favorite foods include squash, cottage cheese, and broccoli - three foods that most children won't touch.

6. In black and white photographs, when you can't see the difference in hair color, my sister and I look like identical twins.

7. Knowing what I know now about my strengths, weaknesses, personal preferences and desire I would have taken more art in school and studied graphic design in college instead of education. Don't get me wrong, I love the subject that I was going to teach (health) and I love kids and I love teaching but when you combine the three together...not so much.

So now I have to tag seven people to share seven random things about themselves. The problem is that I'm not sure I know seven people that read this blog. Don't worry, I won't hunt you down and make you do it - like Kecia I'm a passive tagger.

1. Meredith, Some Call Me Sparky
2. Jenny, The Herbisons
3. Blake, The Herbisons
4. Stephanie, Life in the Northwest
5. Alana, who doesn't have a blog but might now that I've called her out in front of everyone.
6. Matt
7. (Margo would go here but she's been tagged by Kecia and that's okay. I just want everyone to know that I DO IN FACT have seven online friends.)

Wait for it...Wait for it... ... ... NOW!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh MAN...this might take me a while. i'm feeling very uninteresting lately.

Meredith said...

you would!

Kecia said...

Cool! Thanks for playing. :) Are you coming for lunch Sunday?

Anonymous said...

I still don't have a blog . . . but I did post my 7 random facts on my MySpace page, so you can check them out there.

Jules said...

Ok, a couple things... Gotta love the classic movies! SINGING IN THE RAIN!!! (My all time favorite!) I too love cottage Cheese! Otherwise...

HI!!! I finally made a blog! Drop me a line at some point!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...