The last six months of Sundays have been...difficult. I love the people at my church. I love spending time with them and sharing stories about life with them. But when my hormones are raging I am unable to cope with, well, anything. Pregnancy Hormones made me aggressive and easily frustrated with every idiodic thing anyone said to me and Post Baby Hormones make me cry at the drop of a hat.
If there is one thing I've learned over the last three and a half weeks it's that everything takes three and a half times longer to do when you have a baby. You take the amount of time you would normally need for just yourself and then you multiply it by the number of people/bodies that you need to get out the door. So, three people equals three times that amount of preparation time. Then you add a half to that number to account for hormones.
Today I woke up an hour later than I was hoping to wake up. To be fair, I woke up an entire hour earlier than I normally do on a Sunday morning but that still left me an hour and a half short of the required preparation time as dictated by the Universal GBOH (Get the Baby Out of the House) Equation.
I cried once before even leaving the house, once on the way to church and then once more when my friend Beth asked me how I was doing after we arrived at church. Oh, and I cried again as I listed to Beth and Rea sing in the sanctuary while I walked Baby Mange around the foyer of our church. I have zero coping skills when it comes to my leaking hormones. I think we're going to have to cease church outings for a little while until I have mastered the GBOH Equation and drained all of the remaining baby hormones from my body.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good luck at mastering getting the baby out of the house. Dan and I were late to church yesterday because I woke up to a three year old who had taken his poopy diaper off and attempted to clean it himself, and try on all the pants in his drawer. :)
Jody
Don't worry, he did put all the pants back in the drawer (you know- to be helpful).
Hormones suck! Everything made me cry, even if it was funny...somehow, it would still make me cry! It'll get better, don't worry! It's so embarassing, though, so I feel for you! Just keep having a sense of humor about it all! Oh, and good luck mastering GBOD - I still haven't and Cole is 5!
Post a Comment