Monday, December 28, 2009

What little old ladies at the library must think of me!

While lost in the digital book shelves of the Amazonian Jungle, I made a list of the books that I thought I might try to read. (I’ve cycled back around into my Regency phase.) I spied a book called Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict at Borders that started my current craze. A short, cute little beach/air plane read with a time travel twist. Nothing to write home about but since I was in the mood to read about corsets, calling cards and barouche boxes but no time to devote to a legitimate book I thought I would give it a shot. You can imagine my surprise when instead of finding a safe, chaste little morsel of Austen-y goodness I found this:

Resplendent Fabio Man-Boobies!










Oh, the horror! No, I didn’t request this. No, I don't know how it ended up on the shelf with my name on it. And No! I’m certainly not planning on reading it! I realize that one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but in this case, there are some prejudices to which we should hold very tightly.

2 comments:

Jenny and Blake said...

Very nice! :) I have a book by Colleen McCullough (who Blake and I love because she wrote The First Man in Rome series) that is a story about Mary Bennet. I can't wait to read it. Colleen McCullough writes fanfiction!

Kecia said...

Maybe you should wrap it in plain brown paper.
Kidding
Love Shel Silverstein, and Jenny's Chrismas thoughts.
Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...