Monday, August 4, 2008

Our pastor has been going through the book of Habakkuk on Sundays. Two weeks ago as he spoke I thought to myself, "Gee, life has been pretty easy for me up to this point. Nothing like what Habakkuk speaks of." And just as the thought passed through my brain I knew that it was too late. I was certain that God heard me and he was going to do something about it. Yesterday in church, my pastor said, "As soon as you start to think that life is easy...that's when it's about to change." Well, shoot! That does it.

It's been a busy week in the Munger household. We found out last week we found out that Matt has a 5mm x 10mm gallstone and he will need to have his gallbladder removed on the 18th of August. Today I arrived at work to shattered glass, two missing computers and three missing monitors. Praise the Lord we don't keep client data stored locally and no client files were missing! We'll most likely have to send out letters to our clients informing them of the breach but we can be certain that their financial information was not compromised.

While I am not (too) worried about Matt's surgery and I know things could have been much worse at the office, I find myself holding my breath for the latest bit of news to arrive in my inbox/answering machine/staff meeting.

On a more positive note, congratulations to Matt's sister, Alena, who got engaged on Friday.

Oh, and today is my birthday and Matt bought me an iPod Nano! I can honestly say this is the first time one of his gifts has ever truly shocked me (including the engagement ring).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Matt nice gift! That stinks that he will have to have surgery, but thankfully medicine has advanced enough to make it easier than it used to be. I hope you had a great birthday (after the whole break in thing).

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH!

A) i suck cause i missed your birthday.

B) what did Chris say about the break-in? Were you the one to deliver the bad news?

C) best recovery wishes to matt.

Jackie said...

I delivered the news to Dave and Liz Busby (the other Chris' wife) Sarah broke the news to Goetz. To Chris' credit his first words were, "Are you and Jackie okay?" But he was pretty mad. Dave was in the hospital with a kidney stone so he had other things to worry about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...