Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Well, Christmas has come and (almost) gone and we've managed to survive another holiday. Some of my favorite things this Christmas:

1. Being with Matt's Family for Christmas.

2. Talking to my Family on the phone even though not being with them made me sad. Doing the every other holiday thing makes me appreciate our traditions more.

3. Experiencing Christmas Eve with The Coleman's (one of the nicest families I have ever met - my own and the one I've married into don't count). Matt has known them forever and they made me feel welcome from the moment I met them. We are truly blessed to have people like Jerry, Tina, Brandon, and Stephanie in our lives.

4. Amelia Coleman (age four) upon hearing that Matt and I are "Uncle's Friends" said: "They know better."

5. 1 Hour plane ride instead of the 7 hour drive over the mountains that surely would have turned into 10 with the snow that fell over the mountains.

6. The faces at Matt's church look more and more familiar each time we visit and I find myself looking forward to saying hello to my new friends (Matt's old ones) when we come.

7. Three rounds of present opening this year.

8. The Message Bible on CD that Matt gave me to listen to in the car. It made what would have been a stressful Friday commute peaceful as I listened to Matthew's account of the Christmas Story and the Sermon on the Mount.

I suppose I should have 10 things to write about but it's been a low-key Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

be straight with me, jack-jack. are you going to audition for bear's "man vs. wild extras"? cuz if you are, i think we should totally do it together... you know, the whole "high school friends" angle. i think we'd be great!
miss you.

Jackie said...

I'm not sure I could hang with you and Bear - I'm pretty out of shape. Although I do have a nice layer of insulation built up for any cold weather challenges that we'd face.

Margo said...

Welcome to the blog world! I found you via Kecia! It sounds like you're doing fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...