Short(ish) Answer: A little while ago Matt was approached about the campus minister position at Oregon State University. We asked some of our friends to pray with us about it and finally decided that God was certainly telling us to move to Corvallis, Oregon. Can you say stressor? Not only did this mean me quitting my job (which I enjoy) but we decided to sell our house rather than find renters (In this market? You're kidding, right? No, I'm not). It also means that we will be living off of Matt's Mission Service Corps earnings which at this time are not very much.*
So, I've been hesitating to post anything because my life has been revolving around getting the house fixed up and ready to show to potential buyers, crying, fervent prayers asking God to have mercy on us and sell our house and make our lives easy, sleepless nights and some night time teeth grinding. I couldn't talk about any of those things without spilling the beans and we have had a particular list of people to tell in a particular order.
- The people that asked us to move in the first place
- Those that have been praying with us
- Our families (as long as it's not The Ducks, I know my sister and bro-in-law will be cool with it)
- Our current employers and co-workers
- Friends (especially those that we consider our "Portland Family")
- Students
- Church family
It's apparent to everyone how much help I need, right? Prayers would be good. Because if I've learned one thing through all of this is that God sees the big picture even if I don't.
Yeah, prayers would be really great.
If you're so inclined, here's what you can pray about with us:
- That Matt's Mission Service Corp contributors would increase and that those who give also pray and those who can't give will pray. And that Matt's salary supports us without me having to find work and childcare. Our desire is for me to be able to stay home with Baby Mange.
- That our home sells.
- That we find a suitable living arrangement in Corvallis.
- That God continue to work in the hearts of the incoming freshman on the OSU campus and make them receptive to the gospel and becoming a part of a Christian community on campus.
- For my husband to be encouraged during what will be a difficult time of rebuilding the NCM ministry at OSU.
- For me to be submissive.
- For us to find a community of friends who can become our "Corvallis Family" the same way we have been blessed with a "Portland Family"
Go Beavs.*We recently found out that Matt will receive a small monthly stipend/salary from the association of churches in the area. It's not much, but it's a start and it will help us pay the bills.



1 comments:
SO excited for you!! I'll be praying for all these things. If you guys have a move date in mind, can I come help!!??!!
Post a Comment