I'm at my grandma/parents house this weekend (well, Thursday through Sunday) while Mom and Dad are away on a motorcycle trip. Mostly I'm supposed to make sure Grandma doesn't only eat cookies and tea for breakfast lunch and dinner. Little do they know that if it were me, I would eat nothing but tea and cookies for breakfast lunch and dinner. And S'Mores. And a few other things but really none of them sustaining enough for a growing baby. Except maybe the Ranch Burger that I said I was going to eat when I got here but didn't because we're trying to be good about our budget and actually have money in the bank account by the time Max makes his appearance. Oh well, maybe next time.
Favorite conversations of the trip so far
(9:30 pm while watching the Mariner game with grandma)
Jackie: "Is something wrong grandma? You keep looking around the room for something."
Grandma: "Oh, you know, I just feel like I should be up working on something."
Jackie: "Take it from me grandma, you're 90 years old and I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant, I think we can manage to sit down and relax for a few minutes."
Grandma: "Well, there just always seems like there's something that needs to be done. You know how it is."
Jackie: "Actually, I don't."
(While driving down 3rd Ave in Seattle on the way to Jessica and Mark's house for dinner Friday night)
Grandma: "83rd......82nd.....80th....."
Jackie: "They live close to 66th or 67th. We have about 15 blocks to go."
Grandma: "78th.....77th.....76th.....75th....."
Jackie: "Are you going to read all of the street signs to me Grandma?"
Grandma: "Somebody has to."
Jackie: "Fair enough."
(At Jessica's arguing over who will go down the two flights of stairs to get the two folding chairs we brought with us)
Grandma: "Oh honey, I'll go get them."
Jackie: "No, no I'll get them"
Grandma: (Hands on hips) "But you're 6 months pregnant!"
Jackie: "Excuse me? You're 90 years old!"
Jessica: "For cryin' out loud. I'm 27 and not knocked up - I'll get them!"
Hopefully sometime next week I'll have a follow-up post on my couponing/freebie endeavors and tell you what I've learned, where I've found some good deals and my next homemaking-type project.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Love this post! And would love to treat you to a Ranch Burger, if I may!
HA! This cracks me up!
Ha ha- I love the picture you made in my head!! Ha ha!
Post a Comment