As soon as I found out we were having a baby I KNEW it was going to be a boy. I pretended not to "have a feeling" about what it was going to be because I'm proud and try to avoid looking foolish whenever I can help it. However, I owned up to my suspicions to a few of our friends and of course my husband, who for the first two months was POSITIVE that it was a girl before he finally jumped ship and joined the winning team.
About 15 minutes into our appointment this morning, Jeff, our ultra sound tech, announced without much fan fare that we would be having a girl. Because I hadn't even been planning for a girl, I was relieved that I wouldn't have to decide between the ADORABLE pirate theme bedroom and the sports theme.
Approxmately 25 minutes later, Jeff stopped what he was doing and said, "Uh oh guys, I think I got it wrong before. I think we're looking at a boy." He moved the wand around a little more and clicked a few buttons on the machine trying to discern if what we were looking at was an umbilical cord or something very different. "Yep! That's a boy! Man, I'm glad I caught that before you guys left." We all chuckled, no doubt imagining a room full of pink curtains and a closet full of frilly dresses anxiously waiting for the little girl that would not arrive. And of course I was relieved that I wouldn't have to tell my friends that I was wrong - which is the most important thing.
Without further ado, Maximus Johnson Munger (Don't worry, that's not what we're going to name him):
Right Foot
Hand
Profile






3 comments:
Oh, he's going to break some hearts!!!
Oh my goodness!!! I'm so excited!
Yay! I'm so excited for you guys! You'll love having a little boy! They're so much fun (and lots of trouble)!
Post a Comment