My car broke down tonight. A $0.75 trip to taco bell turned into a...well I don't know how much it's going to cost now. Thankfully there's a Jiffy Lube in the parking lot next to the Taco Bell and Matt managed to get one of the guys to take a look at the engine to tell us it's most likely the coolant hose needs to be replaced. On a side note, it took Matt like three or four minutes to get the guy to actually come over and look at our car. If I had gone over there it would have been much faster. I could have done it even faster if I were still in my work clothes. They're not provocative or anything but heels, Express Pants (Natalie knows what I'm talkin' about) and a nice blouse will get the job done. This is one of the few areas that being a girl trumps being a guy.
Despite being some of the more frustrating news we've had in the last week or two I can see lots of good things surrounding it.
1) If we hadn't taken my car to Taco Bell tonight it probably would have broken down on the freeway on my way to work tomorrow. I would have been THAT girl that created the traffic tie up. I would have had to pop the hood and crawl around on the ground in my slacks and heels trying to decide if I should cry.
2) Our insurance has road side assistance - so we'll be reimbursed for the towing bill.
3) If all goes according to plan, I'll get the first installment of my 3rd & 4th quarter bonuses tomorrow. True, we had planned on having our trees cut down and grass planted and landscaping started but at least we have the money. (Though if all does not go according to plan I will be having a serious conversation with the man who pays the bills - yes, I have a job but this has been an ongoing issue...I'm going to take a deep breath and leave it at that.)
Okay, so there are three good things that I can see here to balance out the bad. So we're not panicking. I'm finishing the laundry and we'll fly to Boise tomorrow where we will drive to California/Nevada to see family and just be thankful that we can all be together.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Coolant hose $10
Coolant $20
If we lived closer your dad could fix it in an hour.
i had a similar experience on my way to present my master's project!
so i'll be driving through at the end of the month? any chance you'd want to get together?
Post a Comment