Mini Mange likes to fly his kite then let go of the string and yell, "I got it! I got it!" while chasing it through the field.
Tonight we watched our son do the same thing he does every time he flies his kite. Get the kite in the air. Lets go. Chase. Catch. Repeat.
But tonight, the wind was a little stronger than usual and we watched our little guy run. And run. Still running...
I turned to Matt and gave him one of those, "aren't you going to do something about this?" looks that I'm super good at. But nope. Matt was not going to do anything about it. I kicked off my flip flops and started jogging after my kid and his kite.
Then I was running.
Then I was running a little faster.
Then I was sprinting.
Then I was dodging traffic.
Finally, I was staring up into a tree at a spiderman kite while holding a tangled mess of kite string.
Thankfully, the tree was in the front yard of a family who had just finishing unloading their moving truck and three grown men (who had watched my progress across the field and street with great amusement) came to my rescue. One of them went inside for a ladder while the other came out with his wife's curtain rod to knock the darn thing down.
Matt put two and two together when Mini Mange arrived back without a kite or a mother. He eventually followed our very amused little boy to the edge of the park then sat down on the grass to watch while the neighborhood newbies and I got things under control.



0 comments:
Post a Comment