Thursday, December 1, 2011

Heros and Villians of the Bible


Heros and Villians of the Bible takes the individuals in the bible and categorizes them into Heros and Villians.  The text is derived directly from scripture and includes chapter and verse references.  Some of the stories are accompanied by computer-generated illustrations of the character in the story.  Each story is preceeded by a short synopsis and followed by a summary of the story and a simple application that is easy to understand for young children.  The summary also includes additional scripture reference.

For the most part, this was a good book.  I thought the illustrations were pretty creepy but little boys might not be bothered by it.  The other thing I didn't like was that there were not illustrations for each bible story presented.  Overall though, the application at the end of each story was pretty good.  In some of the stories, Mary's for instance, I might have gone a completely different direction with regard to the application but what is provided gives parents a good starting point for discussion with their kids.  For young children wanting to know more about the people in the bible, this is a great tool for bringing them together in an easily accessible way.  Because the text is directly from scripture and includes chapter and verse references, those wanting to learn more about their favorite people can easily find it in the bible.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...