Wednesday, August 3, 2011

God's Love Letters to You

I recently received a book from BookSneeze to review called God's Love Letters to You.  It's a 40-day devotional book based on Dr. Larry Crabb's , 66 Love Letters.  Every day, Crabb summarizes a different book of the bible and explains how it is God's way of encouraging you and showing that he loves you.  Each day starts with a Love Letter from God followed by a few points to reflect upon and a short prayer.

God's Love Letters to You is easy to read and understand.  There were a few days that felt "theology light" but overall, most of the days directly spoke to my current struggles and journey and were very encouraging.  The tone of the book was very Message-like in that it really did feel like a conversation between friends.  (So for those that are not Eugene Peterson fans might not find that this suits their tastes.)  There were many days that made me want to crack open my bible and read the entire book that was being summarized to see if I could come to the same conclusion as Dr. Crabb - not an easy feat (hello, Leviticus!) - and I am certainly interested in reading Crabb's 66 Love Letters to get a more in-depth perspective.

While I'm not sure I would recommend to a friend that they purchase this book, it's certainly worth a library check-out and may be good to use with a pre-believing friend or a new believer.



I review for BookSneeze®*I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.*

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...