So here's what I cooked up on August 7th
- Brown Bag Burritos - Matt really liked these but since it's been so hot here we've only re-heated them in the microwave. I'm an oven girl myself so I'm looking forward to cooler weather so I can see how crispy and gooey they get after baking in the oven.
- Mini Apple Pies - Okay, so I didn't actually put these in the freezer. I just couldn't get them out of the cupcake tins so I went ahead and baked 12 at once and stored the rest of the ingredients in the fridge for later. I also didn't follow the recipe exactly - instead of making the pie crust from scratch, I bought a box of pie crust. I know, I know homemade is better - I just didn't feel like dealing with the extra dirty dishes. Also, because I think I used less dough for the crust they didn't go up over the edge of the cupcake tin and ended up being less messy than what you'll see in the picture.
- Baked Ziti - Most of the time we just dump a bunch of pasta in a 13x9 dish mix up a jar of spaghetti sauce and a jar of water, pour it on, cover with foil, bake, add some cheese, bake a few more minutes and we're good to go. But this tasted pretty yummy and it's convenient. Matt really liked it so we'll probably do it again both in the freezer and out of the freezer.
![]() |
| I also dislike Ventriloquists. Very, very much. |
I'll do better to have crazy stories next time.




1 comments:
and yet I still laughed at your "comedy gold" remark.
I'll have to try some of these freezer recipes. Thanks for sharing them!
Post a Comment