It's possible that the 138 of you have signed this petition make a valid point in that Mr. Polanski is unfairly being made an example. It's likely that if he were not an international celebrity there would be little fan fare made of his arrest (if one would have occurred at all). The legal and media hullaballo you shake your fist at today also serves quite nicely when making donations to Hurricane Katrina Victims, supporting your favorite political candidate and hawking hybrid vehicles for Toyota.Let's stop pretending that you are above the law. From where I sit your reaction is far more indicative of how far over the line we've allowed you to travel for the last few decades than it is of the corruption of the courts.
Heaven knows I love you far more than I should. From the minds and hearts of those that created such gems as Roman Holiday, Wall-E, Goonies, and the guiltiest of all guilty pleasures, Hot Fuzz, you have passed along far more joy than could have been realistically expected. I'll continue to watch your movies, plop myself in front of the boob tube on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and shake my head when you're caught playing a bongo drum in the nude. But please don't interpret that as a statement that I (or any one else in America) sympathize with you or take you seriously.
Sincerely,
A Fan



1 comments:
Thank you.
Post a Comment