So I don't have much of an excuse for not posting too much over the past couple of months except that I've been doing a lot of reading. A couple of lunch hours a week are spent either in the big leather chairs at Borders or at the park next door to the West Slope Library. I've read a lot of books that I normally wouldn't read and ended up really liking them and more than a few that I stopped reading five or six chapters in because they weren't my cuppa tea.
Then I was hit with a barrage of new releases from my favorite authors. Naturally, that took time to work through. I currently have five books sitting next to me waiting to be read as well as seven titles on my hold request list. It's like the summer of '95 all over again.
If you like Christian Fiction, I found a great blog the other day, called The Story Beginnings..., where you can read the first chapter of new releases.
My other mode of choosing books is what I like to call the "Judge A Book By Its Cover Library Perusal" - It's exactly what it sounds like. So far it's 50% effective but on the bright side I've found a new favorite author in an unlikely genre. Yay for me.
So that's it. That's why I've been totally boring lately. I might snap out of it soon and go back to reading only two books a week instead of five but it's unlikely.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So who are your favorite authors?
i've got bones! now i just need reading suggestions.
Hey girls, without thinking, I replied to the emails that I received notifying me of your comment. So I don't know if you got them or not.
Post a Comment