For those of you who remember Made-for-TV-Movie Day, I have good news! It's sister event, Dancing Movie Day is just around the corner. I'm thinking that these will be quarterly events (most likely monthly since I'm sure that there are more movies that I love that will need their very own day)
For Sure:
Made for TV Movie Day
Dancing Movie Day (Save the Last Dance, Step Up, etc.)
In the running:
Musical Day (singing and dancing i.e. Singing in the Rain, High School Musical, Grease, etc.)
Jane Austen Day
Comic Book Movie Day
Meg Ryan Movie Day
Movie Remake Day (Shop Around the Corner which was redone as You've Got Mail)
Favorite Black and White Movie Day
Epic Battle Scene Movie Day
Beautyshop Day (movies in which Jackie requires her Southern friends to be present because she doesn't get any of the inside jokes)
I'd love to hear your ideas! (And remember, they don't have to be good movies - sometimes the worse the plot or more poorly acted, the better)
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Dancing Day sounds awesome: West Side Story, Footloose, and all the HSMs. I'm not a big Flashdance fan. What else've you got?
(You're word verification is "busta"...can you busta rhyme, Busta?)
I would like to suggest classic 80's movie day (Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, St Elmos Fire)
BTW your dancing day sounds awesome...just beware of sudden spontaneous dancing that said movies often bring on.
how does one get tickets to said events?
my suggestions:
Dancing movies - dirty dancing, center stage
Musical Day - the Music Man, Chicago, The Wiz, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma!, Hello, Dolly!, Godspell,
Day suggestions:
Obscure Disney movie day (a la, The Black Cauldron, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon, The Apple Dumpling Gang)
or
Spoof Day (305 is a must)
or
Home Movie Day (see if you can scrounge up some old Powder Puff videos or something)
just to name a few. :o)
Post a Comment