It's over! It's finally over! Tax season that is...
It was an especially rough year and most of the roughness occurred during the last two days. Some mistakes were mine, some were client mistakes and a lot of it was procrastination and last minute phone call fielding. My mistakes usually keep me up at night and make my tummy hurt and cry in front of my boss (which is the world's girliest thing to do). Luckily everything happened to nice clients who have worked with us for a long time and they saw the effort I went to to make everything turn out right or have their checks in the mail by Tuesday afternoon. I should clarify: that last statement made it seem like I messed up A LOT of stuff - it was really just two clients but still...I feel drained after yesterday. Can you believe I came home yesterday, started a load of laundry and thought, "I just want to be a stay at home mom. Then life would be easy...er...easier." I can hear my mommy friends laughing their tails off right now. "Sweet, naive little Jackie...You have no idea."
Matt gave me The Message Bible on CD for Christmas this year so I could listen to it in the car on my way to and from work (1.5 hours total). I think I listed to Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Romans and the first half of 1 Corinthians a few hundred times over the last two weeks. It's really been a blessing though - there is nothing like a few bad days to grab you around the neck and reveal unconfessed sin. But purging is good so the knots have slowly untangled themselves and my breathing has deepened and no one was physically hurt.
Sarah and I have been working on a massive project to make our whole office paperless which takes up a couple of Saturdays a month so I am taking Friday off from work but still have to get up early for a 7:50 am doctor's appointment. I'm hoping to take the rest of the day to relax and get ready for Chick Night (10-21 year old girls bible study worship time at our church - I take the 15 and up crowd.) I've also been brain storming ways to sell my handmade cards and paper crafts. I'm starting to fear I have an abundance of creativity but lack the motivation to do anything with it.
I hope everyone else fared better this tax season and remember that your prayers are always appreciated!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
You are alive!! I was beginning to worry about you, but I forgot this time of year is busier for you. I hope your Friday will let you get some rest and relaxation in.
BTW - I'm the anonymous retard who couldn't remember to write her name in the correct box on the last post :)
wow...totally don't miss that. well, sometimes, but only when i feel like watching Alias on someone else's dime. Also, totally laughed about you crying in front of your boss-- just ask Chris about the time I broke down crying and left the office for 15 minutes when he had to leave to go to an appointment...
Wow! I'm glad you made it through! So, I have a crazy idea - I'll email you!
I have those days too (more now that I'm a newbie again) but honestly, you learn from your mistakes, and they make you stronger. Plus you won't make that mistake again, so next year won't be as bad! :)
Way to get through it all!!
Post a Comment